WHAT TO BRING
The following is a suggested list of what to pack on your upcoming hunting trip. Please be advised this may vary according to horseback, backpack or river trip, and the time of year.
- One or two Medium size duffle bags, with max. 50lbs total gear, not including rifle
- Daypack—recommended 45litre internal frame pack
- Large Backpack—(for backpack hunts), recommended internal or exterior frame packs, comfort important and we recommend previous experience with pack
- Sleeping bag—light, compact, at least 20F bag, with or without sleeping bag cover
- Air Mattress or bed roll—recommended NeoAir etc., light and compactable
- Hiking boots—worn in (requirement), waterproof recommended
- Camp shoes—light, breathable, comfortable, compactable
- Raingear—very important to have high quality, we recommend Sitka or Kuiu raingear. Pants and jacket with hood.
- Gloves and hats—mittens recommended for glassing (personal preference) and later-season hunts (September and October hunts
- Hiking shirts and pants—comfortable, easy dry, quiet materials. Layering–polyester, down, Marino wool etc. Late hunts should consider warmer layers. Camoflauge patterns are recommended but not mandatory. Comfort is key.
- Long underwear
- Socks—cotton and thicker warmer socks, hiking socks etc.
- Camp clothing—light change of clothes for by campfire or evening.
- Personal toiletries, medications etc.
- Waterbottle, or water carrier/camelback etc.
- Spotting scope and tripod
- Camera, camera charger, extra batteries and/or Goal Zero solar panel chargers etc.
- Knife or Havalon (as preferred) w/ blades. And/or Leatherman or multi-tool
- Headlamp, charged. Lighter, insect repellent, duct tape, sunscreen (August hunts).
- Small First Aid Kid, with foot care items and small wound items.
- Sited rifle w/ ammo or bow/arrows and customs documents for same
Average Temperatures (in degrees Celcius)
||+5C to +20C
||+5C to -15C
||-10C to +10C
||+5C to -15C
It is illegal to bring handguns into Canada. Any specific questions, please contact us. Thanks!